Workforce Development Center
Goodwill Industries offers career development services to help people gain and maintain employment at their highest level of ability. Participants receive a paycheck, vocational skills, on-going training and support from Employment Training Specialists (ETS) all in preparation for competitive employment.
In an effort to develop the vocational skills needed for competitive employment Goodwill provides the following:
- Vocational Assessments: Assessments are conducted to determine abilities, aptitudes, and interests. Goal setting, career exploration, and individual program services are also done.
- Job Coaching: On-site job training to assist with adaptation, specific skills, and adjustment to employment.
The very heart of Goodwill’s mission is to help each individual learn skills to help them find a job to ensure their continued success.
- Workshop: Program includes sorting toys, bagging, labeling and stuffing letters, assembly work, sewing, and much more.
- Document Destruction (Shredding): Participants learn how to shred and bail paper products. With the ETS the participant is also learning the value of recycling and protecting the environment.
- Janitorial Services: Services include simple office cleaning and upkeep to several state contracts.
Participants must be sponsored by DDSD Waiver or State Funded Services.
Goodwill Industries is constantly looking for new job opportunities for our participants. If you own a business and want to enlist the services of Workforce Development, call or come by for further details.
**Lawton Area Transit System (LATS) provides "curb to curb" service for those needing transportation. Applications available on site.
1205 Summit Ave
Lawton, Oklahoma 73501
Contact: Brandon Schwandt